Acre has been engaged by BMO Global Asset Management (EMEA) to recruit a Governance Specialist to join the Governance & Sustainable Investment (GSI) team.
The London-based GSI team is the centre of excellence for responsible investment within BMO Global Asset Management (GAM), a global top 50 asset management company, with over US$237 billion in AUM (as at 31 October 2015). In May 2014, they acquired F&C Asset Management, which became the European hub of the global business.
The GSI team supports the reo® service, which covers €90bn in AUM for institutional clients; the Responsible Funds range, with €1.5bn AUM (as at 30 September 2015); and works with BMO’s internal investment teams to promote the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues within their investment processes.
BMO’s GSI team is seeking a candidate to focus on ESG risk analysis and engagement.
- Responsibility for conducting analysis of ESG risks and opportunities within an allocated sector or sectors, and developing an engagement programme
- Engaging with companies within that sector on ESG issues, including at Board level
- Producing high-quality write-ups including both analysis of individual company meetings, and more thematic research notes
- Presenting analysis and providing advice on ESG issues to external reo® clients in meetings
- Working with fund managers to answer queries and provide input on ESG analysis for companies held within BMO funds
Qualifications & Experience The successful candidate will have experience of understanding ESG risk within an investment context. Candidates with experience within an asset management business would be particularly welcome, however other backgrounds including ESG service providers will also be considered. Knowledge of specific sectors – particularly retail, apparel and/or food – would be advantageous. Strong analytical and communication skills are essential, proven experience in dialogue with companies is advantageous.
TO APPLY Acre Contact: Helen Pradas-Page | Direct Line: +44 (0)20 7400 5578 Apply Online