Acre has been engaged by BMO Global Asset Management (EMEA) to recruit an ESG Analyst to join the Governance & Sustainable Investment (GSI) team.
About the role
The London-based GSI team is the centre of excellence for responsible investment within BMO Global Asset Management (GAM), a global top 50 asset management company, with over US$237 billion in AUM (as at 31 October 2015). In May 2014, they acquired F&C Asset Management, which became the European hub of the global business.
The GSI team supports the reo® service, which covers €90bn in AUM for institutional clients; the Responsible Funds range, with €1.5bn AUM (as at 30 September 2015); and works with BMO’s internal investment teams to promote the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues within their investment processes.
Salary : £Competitive + Benefits package
Deadline: 7 April
Areas of responsibility to include:
- Voting, with the focus likely to be on UK and/or Europe
- ESG risk analysis and engagement in relation to specific sectors. This work feeds into the reo® service as well as to fund managers internally
- Working with data specialists in the team, supporting the analysis and delivery of ESG data for internal and external clients
- Knowledge of governance issues, which may include direct experience of instructing votes
- An interest in, and understanding of, the relevance of ESG issues to investment
- Familiarity with the use of ESG data, ideally including both ESG risk ratings and carbon data
- Strong IT skills, with Excel ability a particular advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write succinct summaries of key ESG risks and of engagement undertaken
- Experience in working with portfolio managers and/or engaging with companies
- Knowledge of specific environmental or social issues
- Language skills
- Fluency in Dutch or German is highly beneficial.
This is a significant opportunity to enjoy professional development in a collaborative and friendly team, whilst contributing to BMO Global Asset Management’s success and reputation as a leader in responsible investment.
Direct Line: +44 (0)20 7400 5578
Apply Online | Ref. BBBH5980