Publication Date: 04/04/2017
Finance Watch, the Brussels-based public interest advocacy association dedicated to making finance serve society, is looking for a Senior Campaigns and Communications Officer to complete its communications team and lead well-targeted campaigns and communication initiatives that will project Finance Watch’s messages and increase its EU audience, especially among the general public.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience in public-facing campaigning and communications, be comfortable managing social media communities, and will already have coordinated successful public campaigns in different EU countries.
The position is based at our offices in the European quarter in Brussels. The tasks include, among others:
- Develop and implement, in coordination with the members of the Communications team and the Membership & Outreach officer, Finance Watch’s strategic and operational communication plans to make the organisation known to a wider, non-specialist audience in EU Member States.
- Lead Finance Watch’s campaigns and social media activities.
- Build public awareness of financial issues including regulation and its implications for end-users and society at large – including links with other important debates around sustainability, equality, climate, democracy, etc.
- Develop an internal communication strategy to strengthen relations and communication with Members and Friends of Finance Watch.
Profile / Qualifications
- Be committed to Finance Watch’s mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (native is an asset) and at least one other European language (French is an asset).
- At least five years’ experience in communications, including campaigning and social media management.
- Proven experience in creating content for a variety of communication tools and producing digital communications material.
- Experience in translating complex issues into attractive formats.
- Experience in working with different CMS, desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in coordinating campaigns.
- Proven planning, management and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in working in multinational and multicultural environment.
- Experience in working for a non-governmental organisation would be an advantage.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong team player.
- A full-time permanent contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment.
- High exposure to a large and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Opportunity to influence the international agenda on financial reform and sustainability
Equal employment opportunity
Finance Watch is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short motivation letter answering to the following questions:
- What are the main reasons that motivate you to work for Finance Watch?
- What are your main achievements?
- An example of communication work done (blog, article, strategic plan)
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
Send your application by email to: email@example.com. Please quote “Application for Senior Campaigns and Communications Officer” in the title of your e-mail.
Interviews will take place in Brussels, starting as soon as possible.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2017