Eurosif is the leading pan European Sustainable and Responsible Investment association advocating for a more sustainable financial system. Eurosif works as a partnership of Europe-based national Sustainable Investment Forums (SIFs). SIF members include institutional investors, asset managers, index providers and ESG research and analysis firms totalling over €8 trillion of assets under management, as well as other stakeholders such as NGOs, trade unions, think-tanks and philanthropic foundations. Eurosif is also a founding member of the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA), the alliance of the largest SIFs around the world.
Eurosif is offering a full-time internship in its office in Brussels. The trainee will receive a competitive financial compensation (approx. EUR 1.300 net/month) based on a CIP contract (Convention d’Insertion Professionelle). The traineeship will be for an initial 6-month period, extendable through another 6-month period. He/she will work directly with and report to the Executive Director of Eurosif. The role will involve:
- Monitoring on a consistent basis relevant EU policy and regulatory developments in the area of Sustainable Finance, financial services legislation when relevant for sustainable finance, corporate governance & non-financial reporting, climate policy, environment policy and public investments. Monitoring tools will be available to help.
- Prepare the monthly Eurosif newsletter, which combines the highlights of the monitoring and content from the member SIFs.
- Contribute to the drafting of press releases, letters, policy notes on relevant issues.
- Assisting the Executive Director in the outreach to relevant EU policymakers.
- Research and maintain up to date and accurate media/stakeholder lists.
- Planning, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other SIF colleagues, the social media activity (Twitter/Linkedin) of Eurosif.
- Responding to requests from journalists, event organisers, policymakers and stakeholders.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Any additional EU languages will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) – experience with WordPress, social media tools (e.g. Curator, Hootsuite) a plus.
- An interest in financial services – through previous experience, university coursework, a good awareness of current developments. Interest and experience with sustainable finance, responsible investment and ESG considered a strong advantage.
- Good understanding of the EU decision-making process, ideally acquired by previous internship experience in the EU Institutions or EU public affairs
- Positive attitude, flexible, team-player and autonomous
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and confidently communicate ideas to the team
- Legal right to work in Belgium
Please address your application mentioning “Policy & Communications (CV and Cover Letter) by the 15th November 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The envisaged starting date is January 2021. As we are receiving a significant number of applications, only candidates considered for the role will be contacted.