Eurosif partnered with EIRIS for the Remuneration theme report.
A Steering Committee comprised of representatives from CM-CIC Asset Management, Ethos Foundation, Groupama Asset Management, Henderson Global Investors, MACIF Gestion, PhiTrust Active Investors, Robeco, Société Générale Gestion, provided expertise and input to help shape this report.
Research highlights and recommendations for shareholders and regulators include:
- 29% of FTSE Eurofirst300 listed companies have some commitment to linking remuneration to ESG performance – although concerns exists around the extent to which performance targets are set as ‘soft targets’ thereby guaranteeing a minimum level of bonus
- Financial institutions account for 23% of the FTSE Eurofirst300 index but only 16% of financial institutions have an ESG-linked remuneration system
- Shareholders should engage with companies by voting against unacceptable remuneration packages and calling for and taking part in shareholder dialogue in determining remuneration policy,
- Regulators should promote active dialogue between companies and shareholders by legislating for a binding “say on pay” vote and setting appropriate guidelines to promote good remuneration practices and disclosure.
The report examines critical challenges and opportunities for companies in relation to remuneration, incentives and long-term sustainability.
Download Remuneration theme report [PDF, 1900 kb]
Download Remuneration report press release (January 26, 2010) [PDF, 57kb]
Eurosif organised several roundtables throughout Europe around remuneration:
Brussels, Janaury 27, 2010, evening seminar co-organised with Belsif, with the participation of Transparency International and the European Commission.
- Download press release from Belsif on the Janaury 27 event with detailed feedback on the presentations that were given.
Paris, January 28, 2010, breakfast co-organised with FIR, Macif Gestion and Phitrust Active Investors:
- Download presentation by EIRIS (PDF, 72 kb)
- Download presentation by Phitrust Active Investors (PDF, 540 kb)
- Download presentation by Proxinvest (PDF, 145 kb)
London, February 10, 2010, afternoon (3 to 5pm) event co-organised with UKSIF, hosted by KBC Asset Management, with the participation of Railpen Investments and the Association of British Insurers. To attend please rsvp email@example.com, +44 (0) 207 749 995 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0) 207 749 995 end_of_the_skype_highlighting