Eurosif is the leading pan European Sustainable and Responsible Investment association advocating for a more sustainable financial system. Eurosif works as a partnership of Europe-based national Sustainable Investment Forums (SIFs). SIF members include institutional investors, asset managers, index providers and ESG research and analysis firms totalling over €8 trillion of assets under management, as well as other stakeholders such as NGOs, trade unions, think-tanks and philanthropic foundations. Eurosif is also a founding member of the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA), the alliance of the largest SIFs around the world.
Eurosif is offering a full-time internship in its office in Brussels. The trainee will receive a competitive financial compensation (approx. EUR 1.300 net/month) based on a CIP contract (Convention d’Insertion Professionelle). The traineeship will be for an initial 6-month period, extendable through another 6-month period. He/she will work directly with and report to the Executive Director of Eurosif. The role will involve:
- Monitoring on a consistent basis relevant EU policy and regulatory developments in the area of Sustainable Finance, financial services legislation when relevant for sustainable finance, corporate governance & non-financial reporting, climate policy, environment policy and public investments. Monitoring tools will be available to help.
- Assist the Executive Director in coordinating the Public Policy working group and the SRI Market Study Group.
- Coordinating the 2021 SRI Market Study project group to deliver the next version of the Eurosif flagship report.
- Write papers, briefing notes and memos on policy and regulatory topics for SIF and their members.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Any additional EU languages will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- An interest in financial services – through previous experience, university coursework, a good awareness of current developments. Interest and experience with sustainable finance, responsible investment and ESG considered a strong advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of writing papers, reports, academic work, a PHD a plus.
- Positive attitude, flexible, team-player and autonomous
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and confidently communicate ideas to the team
- Legal right to work in Belgium
Please address your application mentioning “Policy & Research” (CV and Cover Letter) by the 15th November 2020 to: email@example.com. The envisaged starting date is January 2021. As we are receiving a significant number of applications, only candidates considered for the role will be contacted.