Communication and Events Manager – Sustainable Finance and Responsible Investment
Eurosif is the leading pan European Sustainable and Responsible Investment association advocating for a more sustainable financial system. Eurosif works as a partnership of Europe-based national Sustainable Investment Forums (SIFs). SIF members include institutional investors, asset managers, index providers and ESG research and analysis firms totalling over €8 trillion of assets under management, as well as other stakeholders such as NGOs, trade unions, think-tanks and philanthropic foundations. Eurosif is also a founding member of the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA), the alliance of the largest SIFs around the world.
Eurosif is looking for a Manager focussing on Communication, Events and Fundraising located in its office in Brussels. He/she will work directly with and report to the Executive Director of Eurosif. The role will involve:
- Planning, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other SIF colleagues, and executing the social media activity (Twitter/Linkedin/Youtube) of Eurosif
- Draft press releases and communication materials around EU sustainable finance developments conveying Eurosif’s views/positions
- Keeping the website of Eurosif up to date and – in the first few months – actively contribute to the revamp and design of the new Eurosif website
- Prepare the monthly Eurosif newsletter, which combines the highlights of the monitoring and content from the member SIFs.
- Responding to requests from journalists and event organisers and maintain contacts with the press.
- Research and maintain up to date and accurate media/stakeholder lists.
- Actively manage a pipeline of events/webinars for Eurosif
- Manage the setup and preparation of webinars, including writing, sending and following up invitations, and briefing confirmed speakers and moderators.
Administrative Support on Fundraising and other tasks (30%)
- Assist Executive Director with administrative formalities around grand applications and regular reporting to funders
- Maintaining a database of potential funders
- Developing and maintaining sponsoring, presentation and other collaterals showcasing Eurosif
- On an ad-hoc basis, assist Executive Director with other administrative tasks
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively and autonomously manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail and producing high-quality work
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and confidently communicate ideas to the team as well as to external stakeholders (i.e. journalists)
- Intellectually curious and can-do attitude
- Previous experience of organizing events (physical or digital) preferred. If none, proven ability to manage projects successfully desired
- Previous experience of fundraising and/or responding to tenders/projects a strong asset
- An interest in financial services and investing – through previous experience, university coursework and/or a good awareness of current developments. Interest and experience with EU sustainable finance, responsible investment and ESG considered a strong advantage.
- Good understanding of the EU decision-making process, ideally acquired by previous internship experience in the EU Institutions or EU public affairs
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Any additional EU languages will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) – experience with Wordpress, social media tools (e.g. Curator, Hootsuite) a plus.
- Legal right to work in Belgium
What we offer
- A full-time permanent position
- Gross annual salary between EUR 30.000 and 40.000, depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate
- 13th month and statutory holiday pay
- Steep learning curve – as part of a small but growing team, the Manager will get from the start clear responsibility, visibility and exposure, reporting directly to the Executive Director
Please address your application (CV and Motivation Letter) by the 15th of June 2021, specifying possible starting date, to: email@example.com. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. The envisaged starting date is early to mid-July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. Candidates only able to start after mid-September or seeing this as part of an educational program (internship) will not be considered.
Due to an anticipated large number of applicants, we will only contact applicants who are shortlisted for an interview.