Junior Policy Officer – EU Sustainable Finance & Sustainable Investment
Eurosif is the leading pan European Sustainable and Responsible Investment association advocating for a more sustainable financial system. Eurosif works as a partnership of Europe-based national Sustainable Investment Forums (SIFs). SIF members include institutional investors, asset managers, index providers and ESG research and analysis firms totalling over €8 trillion of assets under management, as well as other stakeholders such as NGOs, trade unions, think-tanks and philanthropic foundations. Eurosif is also a founding member of the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA), the alliance of the largest SIFs around the world.
Eurosif is looking for a Junior Policy Officer based in its office in Brussels. The Junior Policy Officer will work directly with and report to the Executive Director of Eurosif. The role will involve:
- Monitoring on a consistent basis relevant EU policy and regulatory developments in the area of Sustainable Finance, financial services legislation when relevant for sustainable finance, corporate governance & non-financial reporting, climate policy, environment policy and public investments. Monitoring tools will be available to help.
- Support advocacy efforts of Eurosif, writing letters, position papers, amendments, briefing notes.
- Ensure reporting to members on developments of relevance (e-mails, calls, webinars)
- Assist the Executive Director in coordinating the Eurosif Public Policy Group.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Any additional EU languages an asset
- An interest in financial services – through previous experience, university coursework, a good awareness of current developments. Knowledge of EU Sustainable Finance policy and legislations a strong plus.
- An interest in EU policy and politics – demonstrated through previous internship, coursework, awareness of recent developments
- Excellent writing skills – experience of writing papers, reports, memos.
- Positive attitude, flexible, team-player and autonomous
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and confidently communicate ideas to the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams)
- Legal right to work in Belgium
What we offer
- Full-time employee contract
- Opportunity to work on the cutting-edge developments in the area Sustainable Finance
- Exposure to members, experts, policymakers
- Part of a small and growing organisation
Please address your application (CV and Cover Letter + recent & relevant writing sample) by the 18th May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Flexibility on the starting date. Due to an anticipated large number of applicants, we will only contact applicants who are shortlisted for an interview.