Eurosif is the leading pan European Sustainable and Responsible Investment association advocating for a more sustainable financial system. Our Mission is to promote sustainable development through financial markets by supporting the financing through private and public capital of investments that make a measurable contribution to the sustainable development goals set by the European Union and the United Nations.
Eurosif works as a partnership of Europe-based national Sustainable Investment Forums (SIFs). SIF members include institutional investors, asset managers, index providers and ESG research and analysis firms totalling over €8 trillion of assets under management, as well as other stakeholders such as NGOs, trade unions, think-tanks and philanthropic foundations. Eurosif is also a founding member of the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA), the alliance of the largest SIFs around the world.
Eurosif is looking for a senior policy advisor on sustainable finance and corporate governance to strengthen our team. The position is based in Brussels.
The successful candidate will be given an initial contract for 12 months with the potential for an extension. The compensation proposed will range between EUR 60.000 and EUR 75.000 (gross salary), depending on the level of experience and skills of the successful candidate. He/she will work directly with and report to the Executive Director of Eurosif.
The senior advisor will be responsible for:
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the responsible, sustainable, ESG investing industry across the European geographical landscape.
- Based on this knowledge, developing positions of Eurosif and its members on a wide range of policies of relevance to responsible investment, from all the actions linked to the EU Sustainable Finance Strategy to different EU Green Deal initiatives and particularly the areas of relevance to asset managers in their stewardship and engagement role (corporate governance, non-financial reporting, due diligence framework, etc…).
- Preparing advocacy strategies towards the EU institutions and executing these, while liaising regularly with key policymakers.
- Coordinating with junior colleagues the monitoring on a consistent basis relevant EU policy and regulatory developments in the area of Sustainable Finance, financial services legislation when relevant for sustainable finance, corporate governance & non-financial reporting, climate policy, environmental policy and public investments, to inform Eurosif members of relevant developments.
- Write papers, briefing notes and memos on EU policy and regulatory topics for SIF and their members and chair and lead Eurosif working groups on specific policy topics.
- Assisting the Executive Director and other colleagues in identifying key topics of research for Eurosif to develop materials helpful and insightful to policymakers.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in a policy-related role, with some experience in EU institutions or public authorities, trade associations, financial institutions or public affairs consultancies
- Self-starter with the ability to operate autonomously with little guidance, and confidence to take responsibility and engage with policymakers and members
- A demonstrated interest in financial services – through previous experience, university coursework, a good awareness of current developments. Interest and experience with sustainable finance, responsible investment and ESG considered a strong advantage.
- Critical thinking and intellectual rigor, while being able to navigate conflicting interests and points of view
- Demonstrable experience of writing papers, reports and public speaking/advocacy work.
- Positive attitude, team-player and autonomous. Flexible and able to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and confidently communicate ideas to the team and coach and support junior colleagues in the organisation
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills. Additional EU languages will be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Legal right to work in Belgium
Please address your application (CV and Cover Letter) by the 12th February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . The envisaged starting date is as soon as possible, therefore we will start considering applications before the deadline. Due to an anticipated large number of applicants, we will only contact applicants who are shortlisted for an interview.