On the 9th of December, Eurosif hosted a webinar on the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). In March 2021, the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) will start to apply, impacting all ESG and SRI investment funds distributed in the EU. While the European Supervisory Agencies are set to deliver their final draft technical rules early in 2021, considerable uncertainty is emerging around the application of the regulation to asset managers, existing investment funds and what it means for new product launches. In the webinar we dealt with questions such as:
- What are they key concepts of the SFDR?
- What will asset managers need to disclose?
- How does the SFDR classify products (Art 6, 8 and 9)?
- How does the classification work for well-known ESG/SRI strategies?
- What is a sustainable investment under the SFDR?
- What is the link with the EU Taxonomy?
You can find the presentation here. The recording of the event is available online. We thank UKSIF for the support in organising this webinar.