23rd and 24th February 2017
The Royal Society of Edinburgh
22-26 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2PQ (map)
The sustainable investment and finance event for Scotland.
This is our fourth annual conference to debate and discuss the latest cutting edge issues facing sustainable investment and finance in Scotland, the UK and beyond.
This event welcomes both UKSIF members (free) and non-members for a small charge so please share with your networks.
Some of the topics we’ll be exploring are:
- Investing in the blue economy – energy, shipping, seafood and plastics
- The Sustainable Development Goals – an opportunity or a bandwagon? (sponsored by Oekom)
- Impact investment – what it is and why its relevant to the mainstream (sponsored by Social Stock Exchange)
- ESG integration – tips and techniques (workshop sponsored by FTSE Russell)
- What’s taking them so long? – trustees, fiduciary duty and climate change
- Says who? – ratings, labels and definitions (workshop)
- Investment consultants – caught in the middle?
- Tail risk – Can anything ‘Trump’ 2016? (Chaired by our Head Sponsor MSCI)
- Brexit – what might we expect for Scotland?
- The economics of obesity- Food industry risk and opportunity
- ESG Performance – what does the research say? (Keynote by our Head Sponsor MSCI)
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lisa Breitenbruch, Analyst, oekom Research
- Jamie Butterworth, Partner, Circularity Capital
- Tomás Carruthers, Chief Executive, Social Stock Exchange
- Mike Clarke, Founder Director, Ario Advisory
- John Goodlad, Chairman, Fisheries Innovations Scotland
- Simon Howard, Chief Executive, UKSIF
- John Jarrett, Associate Director of ESG, FTSE Russell
- Richard Keery, Investment Manager, Strathclyde Pension Fund
- Richard Kerley, Chair, Centre for Scottish Public Policy
- Greig McGuinness, Lead Trustee Representative, Dalriada Trustees
- Fergus Moffatt, Programme Director and Head of Public Policy
- Matt Moscardi, Head of Financial Sector Research and Head of Thematic Research, MSCI
- Julian Parrot, Partner, ethicalfutures
- Sophie Rahm, Responsible Investment Analyst, Standard Life
- Julie Raynaud, Senior Analyst Sustainability Research, Kepler Cheuvreux
- Justin Sloggett, Senior Manager, Listed Equity and Hedge Funds, PRI
- Natalie Smith, Lawyer, Company and Financial, ClientEarth
- Asset owners
- Asset managers
- Service providers
- Government and Regulation
- Academia and Civil Society