August 24, 2010- Eurosif supports letter sent to the EC Internal Market and Services Commissioner Michel Barnier aiming to improve voting procedures for institutional investors
As part of its ongoing lobbying efforts, Eurosif supported a letter sent to the Internal Markets and Services DG Commissioner Michel Barnier on August 23, by a group of pan-European investors led by Robeco and the UK's Association of British Insurers.
The letter is part of ongoing negotiations on the modification of the Securities Law Directive and makes recommendations on the following issues:
- Increasing the transparency along the investment chain.
- The duties of securities intermediaries.
- Exercising voting rights by intermediaries on behalf of the shareholders.
- The issue of cross-border voting.
- The entities that should bear the costs along the investment chain.