Eurosif letter to policymakers on the EU GBS
In early November, Eurosif sent a letter to EU Policymakers regarding the European Green Bond Standard (EU GBS) Regulation, in relation with the final provisions of which are currently subject to interinstitutional negotiations.
Eurosif supports the creation of an ambitious European label for green bonds to help investors identify investments with a rigorous and reliable environmental performance. With this letter Eurosif highlights, amongst others, the following :
- We welcome the proposal from the European Parliament for a mandatory disclosure framework applying to all the debt issuances marketed as “environmentally sustainable” or “green”.
- We encourage clear sustainability disclosures targets underpinned by robust transition plans.
- The requirements should be coherent with the overall EU Sustainabile Finance regulatory framework.
- We call to adopt the amendments tabled by the European Parliament regarding the transition plans, an issuer's statement regarding the due diligence policies on the principal adverse impacts implied by its own operations and value chain, the percentage of the expected EU Taxonomy-alignment of the use of the proceeds.
- Finally, we would like to emphasis the need to improve transparency in the market of sustainability-linked bonds.
Marie Lavayssiere, Communication and Events Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org