Joint statement of support by responsible investors’ organisations for the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CSDDD)
Today, Eurosif,IAHR and the PRI, supported by 142 signatories, released a statement of support for an ambitious and effective EU directive on corporate sustainability due diligence (CSDDD). With this letter, signatories call for this EU directive to be a transformative step forward to ensure a positive impact along the entire value chain and that economic activities tied to the EU single market are conducted in a responsible manner.
Key recommendations of this statement
- Require robust, ongoing due diligence from financial and non-financial companies, throughout the value chain
- Broaden the personal scope of EU financial and non-financial companies under the directive, in line with the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)
- Ensure directors have responsibility and oversight of due diligence requirements, climate targets, and transition plans
- Strengthen the link between directors’ variable remuneration and sustainability performance
- Strengthen requirements on transition plans and increase alignment with CSRD
- 30th November 2022 – Deadline to amend Lara Wolters’ report in the JURI Committee of the European Parliament.
- 1st December 2022 – Competitiveness Council where the Council is expected to reach a general approach
- March 2022 – Expected timeline to reach an agreement in the European Parliament
Aleksandra Palinska, Executive Director – email@example.com
Marie Lavayssiere, Communication and Events Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org