Eurosif responded to the European Commission renewed sustainable finance strategy consultation. We are ready to help the EU Green Deal:
1) Transition the economy to net-zero carbon by 2050 by changing value chains and business models through better pricing of externalities, a carbon tax and transparency through TCFD reporting.
2) Improving disclosure and climate risk models for institutional investors to improve understandings of physical risk, transition risk and asset allocation.
3) Clear, effective and proportionate rules for ESG and EU Taxonomy focussed investment funds.
4) More systematic integration of clients’ sustainability preferences in financial advice (MIFIDii)
5) Importance of equity capital in funding research & development and taxonomy activity.